In the course of the year, the number of visits increased to 285,000 visits per month. Particularly popular in the use of the app are the live streams on road conditions and traffic along with real-time traffic information, and reports of circulation in the Elbe tunnel. The map-based content has recently been updated and presents itself now even more user-friendly.
Hamburg’s First Mobile Traffic Portal
The A7 North app is the first mobile traffic platform in Hamburg providing up-to-date info for all A 7 users, commuters and travelers. The app helps to adjust travel arrangements to road conditions and provides users 24/7 with the latest traffic information and hazards in regard to the expansion of the A 7 motorway in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein.
Features of the App Include:
• 14 live streams of traffic cameras from Hamburg’s highways (focus on A7) and major intersections,
• up-to-date traffic info broadcasted by the NDR, display of real-time traffic conditions on the A7 and the city of Hamburg on a map,
• information on real-time travel times to 156 destinations within and outside of Hamburg, updated every five minutes,
• latest news from the Elbe tunnel operation centre, and directions for northern Germany,
• weekly preview of works in regard to the expansion of the A7,
• Dynamic display of traffic directions and diversions in and around Hamburg,
• comprehensive information on dates, contact person as well as hints and notes in regard to the current A 7-expansion.
The A 7 North app can be downloaded for free in the Apple Store (iOS 7 or later) for iPhone and iPad or Google Play for android mobile devices.
source and further details: