The maritime industry is more dynamic than ever, with new technologies and innovations being implements to enhance operations and eco-friendliness. While unlocking exciting business potential, they also allow to better tackle organisational challenges. On 25-26 February, Digital Ship will ask in Hamburg how the industry can adapt to these new technologies, and harness innovation to build sustainability, agility and efficiency into their businesses? And, last but not least, how technology is changing the way shipping companies operate and do business?
Chances and Challenges
Through plenary presentations, open forum Q&A sessions, and dedicated workshops, this year’s Digital Ship Hamburg will be a platform, to both look back at recent developments and discuss how these have changed the maritime landscape, as well as to provide a snapshot into how technology advances are driving the evolution of shipping and review the game changing impact of innovation on the maritime world.
Ten Subject Areas
This year, the seventh annual Digital Ship Hamburg will focus on these ten core areas:
• Reviewing Key Developments in Maritime Technology in the Last Decade
• How is Innovation Driving the Future of Shipping?
• Beyond Connectivity – Evolution or Revolution?
• Focus Session: GVF Maritime Satcoms Focus Panel – a briefing on the latest satellite communications innovations and trends in the connected maritime ecosystem
• Cyber Security and Future-Proofing Your IT Infrastructure
• Big Data and Analytics to Drive Innovation, Competitiveness and Growth
• Can the Cloud Lift Global Trade?
• Managing Energy Efficiency and Vessel Performance
• Exclusive Interactive End User Workshop by Marlink. An A-Z of VSAT – considerations, delivery and installation
• Focus Session: Using Technology for Crew Welfare and Empowerment
Highly Reputed International Speakers
Confirmed speakers and panelists include Dr. Max Johns, Managing Director, VDR – Verband Deutscher Reeder (German Shipowners’ Association), Andreas Mrozek, Global Head, Marine & Terminal Operations (OPS), Hamburg Sud, Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales, Europe South & MEA, Marlink, Sebastian Van den Wijngaert, Senior Project Manager, Maersk Line IT, Capt. Kuzman Popov, MSQ & Operations Manager, DS Tankers, Kyle Hurst, Director Maritime Business, Iridium, Geoffroy Stern, Senior Consultant, Euroconsult and a representative from Airbus Defence and Space.
source and further details: