The jury selected to eight projects for funding in 2016. Since 2014, the Agency for Cultural Affairs has been allocating resources to support music initiatives, music creators, and organisers of jazz concert series. 13 projects competed for the promotion.
Jazz in Hamburg: Vibrant and Diverse
Prof. Barbara Kisseler, Hamburg Minister of Culture: “By funding jazz series, the performance opportunities for musicians of Hamburg’s jazz scene as well as the musical exchange with guests from other cities have improved significantly. It is particularly pleasing that the jury has chosen event formats, presenting the diversity and vitality of jazz in Hamburg from different perspectives is. “
Eight Projects Chosen
In 2016, the following projects will be supported:
• Gabriel Coburger: fat jazz – urban-X-change, Golem: 13,000 euro
• Jazz Federation Hamburg e.V.: Large, Cascadas Bar: 10,000 euro
• Jazzhaus Hamburg e.V.: Jazzlab, Volt: 6,000 euro
• Tadeusz Jakubowski: Feel free to improvise, Brückenstern: 6,000 euro
• Chad Popple: Multiphonics, MS Stubnitz & Werkhaus Münzviertel: 4,500 euro
• Ralph Reichert: Jam Session, Birdland: 4,000 euro
• Hans-C. Hartmann: Jazz in black and white – silent movies concerts: 3,500 euro
• Vlatko Kucan, Luise Determann: Solo-Solo-Duo Impromptu, Bedürfnisanstalt: 3.000 euro
Members of the jury included Hanns-Christian Gerth, Heart, Beat & Soul Promotion, Sandra Hempel, jazz guitarist, Stefan Hentz, a freelance journalist, Thomas Prisching, Music Council Hamburg, and Claudia Schober, editor NDR Jazz.
source and further details: